NamWater is an equal opportunity employer.
To operate specific construction equipment at any NamWater work site and assist with general labour tasks in the execution of maintenance or construction work for NamWater infrastructure.
KUISEB – COLLECTOR 2 – SCHWARTZKUPPE – SWAKOPMUND
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Grade 8 certificate, Grade 10 will be an added advantage
- 3-5 years’ experience in operating and maintenance of heavy equipment’s
Competencies & Skills
- Code CE Driver’s License
- A PA License to transport goods and personnel
- Must have knowledge and experience in operating the different construction equipment’s such as CAT, Komatsu, Bell, JCB, Back-Hoe Loaders(JCB), Front-End Loaders, Excavators, Bulldozers, Motor Cranes, Graders and Flatbed truck with Hydraulic cranes (Hiabs) or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience on vehicle axle masses (how to load a truck with equal distribution on axles)
- Basic knowledge of equipment maintenance and civil construction procedures
- Good communication skills
- Understanding safety procedures
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Operate equipment safely and effectively
- Identify mechanical problems with equipment
- Complete the Road Mass Distance Charges Register as required
- Perform preventative and routine maintenance
- Ensure plant adhere to safety standards
- Observe gauges, dials and other indicators to make sure machine works properly
Application with a detailed CV and certified copies of documents of citizenship and qualifications must be submitted to
Private Bag 13389, Windhoek
Ms S. Beukes, Tel: (061) – 71 2025
Closing date for applications
Friday, 19th May 2017
Note: Previously disadvantaged persons, particularly women, are encouraged to apply.
No documents will be returned to unsuccessful candidates. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
No faxes or e-mail will be accepted!