Vacancy Reference Number NWS005762 My client is a well-known Consulting firm with a Branch in Windhoek Namibia. They are looking for a strategic and dynamic individual to join their team in the role of a mid- to senior-level structural engineer able to lead a team on numerous structural projects from inception to close-out. Projects that will be focused on will be Commercial Buildings
- Ensure that projects are planned and managed properly in a structured and efficient manner.
- Ensure project meetings are held regularly to keep team members abreast of progress and events, and make sure meeting minutes are distributed.
- Accurately estimate construction costs and implement cost control as needed.
- Ensure that the correct internal and external team members are involved in projects.
- Ensure that projects are prepared and actively managed.
- Ensure that team member’s work and responsibilities are well defined at the start of projects.
- Ensure client requirements are addressed before compilation of documents commences.
- Ensure procurement is managed throughout the project.
- Ensure accurate risk registers are compiled at the start of the project and actively managed throughout the project.
- Ensure that the scope of work and services are well defined and actively managed throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Ensure project activities are well defined and programmed.
- Monitor progress and ensure corrective action is taken when necessary.
- Review deliverables before submission and actively encourage compliance with the Quality Management System.
- Have extensive technical knowledge of own field of specialisation and a good understanding of other disciplines/companies.
- Ensure that the department keeps abreast of technical standards and produces quality deliverables.
- Participate in the preparation of standard design methodologies and have an innovative approach to problems and new technology.
- Ensure bids are of an acceptable quality.
- Ensure the department has a structured business development plan and new clients/opportunities are actively pursued.
- Ensure all documents and drawings are fully coordinated and quality checked before submitting to the Editing Department.
- Ensure that documents are of a consistent high quality through use of the most recent templates available.
- Ensure staff members are treated with respect and empathy.
- Ensure all invoices are accurate and submitted timeously to the Project Accounts Department.
- Ensure 80% accuracy is attained on invoicing vs forecast and invoices are regularly submitted.
- Ensure proper provisions are made for sub-consultants and direct costs.
- Ensure agreements with sub-consultants and clients are signed and submitted to the Project Finance Department.
- Comply and ensure compliance of department staff with the Quality Management System.
B Eng qualification with ECSA registration as Pr Eng
Experience in a relevant industry – Commercial, High Rise buildings
8 – 10 years Structural Engineering experience is essential
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider the vacancy application unsuccessful. Your profile will be kept on our database for any other suitable roles / positions.
For more information contact:
Specialist Consultant: Civil Engineering
- Under Graduate Degrees