Closing Date : 22 March 2017
- Registered with the Namibian Pharmacy Council as a Pharmacist.
- Prior experience in a private hospital and retail pharmacy will be an advantage.
- Willingness to work overtime, do after-hours standby and be called out when required.
- Willingness to participate in scheduled stock takes and CPD events.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Proven application of clinical knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge of requirements and regulations related to the administration of the pharmacy.
- Competent in dispensing of patient prescriptions.
- Basic understanding of medical aid regulations.
- Knowledge of Medicine stock management.
- Displays organisational awareness by understanding the impact of industry trends and implement changes when required.
- Ensures high quality work by focusing on accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to display sound judgement in problem-solving.
- Focus on a team approach by participating actively and cooperatively and maintaining respectful work relationships.
- Displays a concern for excellence by following work routines and standards while achieving results.
- Exhibits full responsibility for own work outputs.
- Maintains a customer-focused mindset that acknowledges the value of the customer.
- The ability to identify and demonstrate company values.
- Responsible for accurate dispensing of medication and counselling of patients.
- Processing of patients’ prescriptions and credits.
- Balance pharmacy and ward register after stock issues/receipts and every 3 months as per pharmacy regulations.
- Orders, receives, issues and manages stock as per stock management principles.
- Responsible for pharmacy-related administration and reports.
- Maintains quality client care principles.
- Ensures the patients’ history of diagnosis and medicines is considered when dispensing prescriptions.
Your contribution to the company will be rewarded with a market-related remuneration package which includes membership of subsidised medical- and retirement funds, generous leave, a thirteenth cheque and participation in a special nursing or management bonus scheme for qualifying staff members.
Candidates who are interested in applying for this position, can apply directly by clicking HERE
If you do not have internet access, you can apply through the Mediclinic Career Centre. You can either obtain an application form from them or from your nearest Mediclinic Hospital or office and fax it directly to the following fax numbers: 0866811436 at the Career Centre. Telephone number for enquiries: +27 21 861 1000.
Please note that the Off-line Closing Date is applicable to all applications made through the Mediclinic Career Centre.
Applications will only be accepted if completed in full on the official application form. Kindly ensure that you indicate the vacancy reference number that you are applying for.