Organization: CTS Global
Closing date: 04 Mar 2017
The GHS Technical Advisor for Surveillance and Epidemiology funded by the CDC Division of Global Health Protection (DGHP) will support CDC Namibia.
Support will primarily be focused on improving the accurate and rapid collection, interpretation, identification and dissemination of information of emerging and reemerging diseases in accordance with the overall operational objectives of the CDC Global Health Security Agenda within the Division of Global Health Protection (DGHP) and in accordance with the International Health Regulations of 2005 (IHR). In addition to supporting DGHP Namibia program activities involving surveillance and epidemiology and providing technical input into the analysis, interpretation, and use of surveillance data for policy making, the contractor will support the CDC Namibia surveillance team in training public health leaders in the use of epidemiological surveillance. Training services will include providing mentorship services to four senior level selectees for the existing CDC funded Field Epidemiology and Laboratory Training Program (FELTP) on related surveillance projects. This service position requires working closely with CDC funded Government partners, including the Namibia Ministry of Health (MOH) and the related public health institutes to implement projects supporting the development of surveillance systems.
The contractor will provide overall expert support to CDC Namibia and the Government of Namibia for surveillance and epidemiologic activities in alignment with the CDC.DGHP Global Health Security activities focused on enhancing and building the epidemiologic and surveillance capacity of the government’s workforce and systems to detect, characterize and transparently report emerging biological threats at the earliest possible moment. In performance of this task order, the contractor shall:
· Assess the current capacity for surveillance in Namibia in collaboration with the CDC Namibia Surveillance and Lab teams and the government of Namibia.
· Prepare and submit a Summary Assessment report which includes identifying areas and recommendations for improvements and general steps to move forward on enhancements.
· Develop a strategic work plan for surveillance capacity strengthening, working in collaboration with CDC Namibia Surveillance and Lab team and corresponding experts at the Namibia MOH.
· Collaborate with the CDC Namibia in supporting the MOH’s efforts to
o Develop and expand sentinel surveillance for high-priority disease syndromes,
o Improve the event detection surveillance system for outbreak detection to, incorporate information streams from laboratories, clinicians, clinical care facilities, the media, communities and other sources,
o Develop standard operating procedures and reporting mechanisms for the surveillance system,
o Develop systems for the analysis, interpretation, and use of surveillance data for public health policy making, and
o Identify specific requirements for an information management system and assist in the recruitment and oversight of information systems advisors.
· Provide technical guidance to CDC Namibia in monitoring the progress and quality of program activities, providing additional technical support as needed.
· Assist CDC Namibia in developing and providing teaching workshops for Namibia Government staff and mentoring fellows in the Field Epidemiology Training Program in surveillance related projects.
· Coordinate and facilitate meetings sponsored by DGHP, Namibia, writing progress reports, and assistance in providing development recommendations for funding applications.
· Review of plans, designs and implementation plans, analysis of outputs and outcomes, training needs assessments and training materials.
Minimum Qualifications and/or Certifications:
· Doctorate level degree (MD or PhD) with post-graduate training in field epidemiology
· Master’s level degree in epidemiology
· Five years post-graduate work in public health, public programs or related area
· At least three years international experience with progressive responsibility in Surveillance, Epidemiology
· Ability to effectively communicate in English on a daily basis with various groups (Speaking, Reading and Writing)**.**
How to apply:
· Interested candidates should email their cover letter and CV to TaNisha Harris @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Powered by Jobs Zimbabwe