Organization: Network of African National Human Rights Institutions
Closing date: 29 Dec 2015
Network of African National Human Rights Institutions
Seeks: Consultant to re-design the NANHRI website
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Deadline for applications: 29 December 2015
Start date: 19 January 2016
The Network of African National Human Rights Institutions (NANHRI) is not-for-profit organisation and regional umbrella body that brings together 44 National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs) in Africa. NANHRI, whose Secretariat is based in Nairobi, Kenya, is currently registered under Kenyan laws as an independent legal entity and has been operational since 2007.
The Network works towards the establishment and strengthening of the NHRIs in Africa as well as to facilitate coordination and cooperation amongst and between them and with other key human rights actors at the regional and international level. It also provides practical assistance and support to these institutions for them to fulfil their mandate of protecting and promoting human rights at the national level
The Network of African National Human Rights Institutions is looking for a consultant/agency to re-design and provide the technical framework for its website (www.nanhri.org). The successful candidate should have experience in the design of website interfaces for the non-profit sector.
The NANHRI established its web presence in 2009. Since then the website has been maintained in-house. The latest revision of the website design was done in 2012, resulting among other things in an improved menu system.
However, as part of a larger effort to strengthen our external communication, we are now seeking to re-design the website. Our aim is that the NANHRI website will become the first site of reference and resources for anybody interested in promoting human rights and strengthening the capacity of African National Human Rights Institutions. It should serve the professional needs of a range of actors, engage and educate interested non-specialist audiences on human rights. This website should support our communication strategy and its overall objectives:
- Increasing NANHRIs overall presence and visibility, strengthen existing partnerships and create new ones.
- Strengthening NANHRI standing and perception among its key publics.
- Building and maintaining an effective communication process linking the institution with its partners, stakeholders and key decision makers.
· Directly matching online services to offline processes and audience requirements.
· Streamlining information-management processes and create new governance mechanisms to increase the coherence, quality and timeliness of online products and services.
We are also in the process of developing a new graphic identity, which will be applied to the new website.
The NANHRI has internally defined the needs, requirements and basic structure for the new website. We are now looking for a qualified agency to realise our ideas. We need a technology solution that allows our staff to easily update content and modify site design after the initial launch. Upon completion of the development of the website, NANHRI will assume responsibility for the website content maintenance.
The NANHRI website will be available in 2 languages (English and French). Other requirements for the new website are that it should:
· have an easy and intuitive navigation and access of information
· Consistent design in line with NANHRI graphic profile
· Incorporation of Google Analytics
· work well on slow connections as well as on tablets and phones
· visually present our publications and other key content in a structured and attractive way
· include solutions for presentation and structure of our online databases
· include safe and simple solutions for making donations and ordering publications
· integrate audiovisual and social media content
· be appropriate with regard to internal sustainability (available resources and capacity)
· have flexibility for future needs
· Mobile/tablet friendly layout
Website development process:
· Conduct a survey with network members and partners to inform the development of the new website
· Consult with NANHRI staff and at least 6 communication officers from member NHRIs on the proposed website structure, navigation and design elements (through focus group discussion and Skype/phone interviews)
· Work closely with NANHRI staff for continuous feedback throughout the website development process. (At least a third of the total process time to be dedicated to testing and optimization)
- A requirement specification report precisely describing the website to be developed and identifying loopholes in the current NANHRI website that needs to be revised (www.nanhri.org)).
- A plan of action on how the consultant is proposing to execute the project with clear timelines and milestones.
· Content plan, site map, design/wireframes and page mock-ups for approval by NANHRI
· Migration of data from current website
- An end of assignment report as per the agreed requirements
- Safeguard all the resources that goes to the website and provide storage of all digital assets for NANHRI including photos, videos, multimedia content amongst others.
- Training of NANHRI staff in website management, updates, tracking and monitoring of website articles and content within the first month.
- Lead the process of content generation for the new website and populate the initial content
- A complete up to date multilingual website for NANHRI hosted on its server that works well in all the browsers
Candidates will be evaluated based on:
a) Formal qualifications (education, technical skills, experience) and references
b) Quality and feasibility of the proposal
c) Proposed budget
The Proposal for this contract will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Thoroughness in complying with all of the elements laid out in the tasks; Consultant’s experience and capacity
- Years of experience in delivering the contract
- Past performance
- Work plan
- Strong familiarity with scope of work
- Quality of technical proposal
- Methodological approach
- The vendor should provide the quotation include below information:
ü Website redesign and setup.
ü Website hosting for 2016
ü Related software license
ü Quotation of maintenance service.
Technical and Financial proposals will need to be submitted as separate documents. Financial proposals will not be opened until the conclusion of the technical evaluation and then only for those proposals that are deemed qualified and responsive.
Please include in the proposal:
References to previous work with websites for non-governmental or international organisations
A draft plan for how to complete the assignment
An initial cost estimate, encompassing all design, production, and software acquisitions necessary for development and maintenance of the website. Please note that costs for hosting are not included in the budget for this project.
Deadline for proposals is the 29 December 2015. . The successful candidate is expected to start working on the assignment immediately after signing the contract with the NANHRI.
NANHRI reserves the right to determine the structure of the process, number of short-listed participants, the right to withdraw from the proposal process, the right to change this timetable at any time without notice and reserves the right to withdraw this tender at any time, without prior notice and without liability to compensate and/or reimburse any party.
How to apply:
For further information about the organisation visit: www.nanhri.org Follow on Twitter @NANHRI40
Powered by Jobs Namibia