A once in a lifetime opportunity has arisen at an international Beauty company for a dynamic, self-motivated and driven Divisional Sales Manager Designate to provide direction and leadership for sales objectives Analyse the market annually and prepare a Divisional business plan.
If you are driven, a strong influencer, inspirational, have high energy levels and are motivated to do well and earn exceptional incentives, commissions and bonuses, we want to hear from you!
It is essential that the successful incumbent resides in the allocated area and is actively involved in the area on a daily basis. As such, a reliable vehicle, together with a valid drivers license is essential. Lap top, printer and petrol card is provided. Whilst daily active presence in the area is vital, he/she will be required to monitor stats and spreadsheets and so good administration skills to back up the sales attributes are important.
Analyse the market annually and prepare a Divisional business plan which reflects
· Market and Sales predictions by area
· Resources and support requirement
· Manpower plan
· Principle area business objectives
· Forecasted budget
· To maintain full coverage of all areas in division
· Responsible for an adequate succession plan and manpower development plan to address all future contingencies within the division.
· To plan ahead for recruitment, training, motivation and replacement requirements.
· To set and maintain the performance standards of each Sales Manager commensurate with the overall objectives of the Division
· To do regular reviews and field visits to observe and develop Sales Managers and sales leaders, and taking appropriate action as and when required.
· Work on a priority basis with managers in the field to monitor and ensure effective execution of agreed strategies, plan and programmes
· To cover Campaign and YTD Sales results against agreed Sales Objectives, review projections and outlook FTY. Discuss and implement workable action plans to achieve or exceed the agreed Sales Objectives.
· To observe Zone/Sales Managers with their Field activities such as, Sales Leadership Training, Sales Leadership Workshops, Campaign Planning etc. Coach & Train where necessary.
· To implement Sales objectives and execute the Field Management Process (FMP) as agreed.
· Ensure that Zone/Sales Managers execute the Field Management Process as agreed.
· To provide an analytical and creative approach to the business that provides for strategic direction
· Realistic forecasting, identifying root causes of poor performance and a thorough understanding of each individual Sales Manager’s motivation.
· To provide direction and leadership for sales objectives:
· By effectively communicating corporate programmes, goals and objectives to all Sales Managers gaining their support and commitment and offering assistance and guidance.
· To ensure Sales Managers effectively manage/promote/implement the recruitment of Sales Leaders including delegation/motivation/business review/goal setting and follow up.
· Ensure that Sales Managers allocate time and support differentially according to Sales Leader/Representative segment and geographic potential for a required return on investment.
· To ensure Sales Managers use Sales information to direct Sales Leaders to maximize high potential territories/post coded with regards customer service and customer spend.
· To develop the Sales Managers /Sales Leaders in order to realise their full potential, either in their current role, or by career advancement.
· To operate the Division within budget parameters
· To maintain a high level or morale and team spirit with the Division
· To undertake the efficient organisation of events, functions and meeting as required.
· To feedback and provide action, when appropriate, to other departments, e.g. Marketing, Sales Support etc
· To be involved in special projects and task forces as required.
· To maintain accurate and up-to date Division and records and maps within the Division.
· To ensure that Company, Division directives are adhered to
· To carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the Regional Sales Manager
· Programme content to be covered by the Leraning and Development Department Head.
· The incumbent will need to pass each module of the programme before being appointed as a Divisional Sales Manager.
· Performance will be monitored throughout the programme.
· Diploma or degree in Marketing and a minimum of 8 plus years Sales/Marketing experience in FMCG environment
· Knowledge of Sales policies/ procedures
· Experience in the management of large teams
· Sound judgment
· Ability to do more than one task at a time
· Ability to work independently and in a team
· Strong driver
· Natural coach and talent developer
· Ability to manage stress, ability to perform under pressure
· Diversity awareness and the ability to work with different ethnic as well as cultural groups with sensitivity/effectiveness
· Ability to handle criticism
· Embraces and accepts change
· Open to new ideas and ways of thinking
· Team player
· Results orientated
· Selling skills
· Interpersonal / communication skills
· Strong communicator
· Presentation skills
· Good verbal and written communication skills
Degree qualified with 8+ years Sales / Marketing experience at Management Level.