Wolwedans is looking to appoint two “Suite Attendants/Hosts” for our upmarket Wolwedans Mountain View Suite , who can effectively and single handedly manage and maintain the facility on a daily basis and serve the guests staying at the Suite. You would be supported by a guide (activities) and a Chef (dinners). Daily housekeeping forms part of the portfolio.
The Suite Attendant will be the interface between guides, management and other departments. This is a multi-tasking position, with related people responsibilities and accountabilities. In addition to regular Suite responsibilities, this individual will also assist in duties at other sites when needed. The successful candidate will report to the Food and Beverage Manager.
- Must have at least 3 years working experience in the hospitality industry, and preferably also in the kitchen as you will be required to serve breakfast and lunch (which is pre-prepped at the central kitchen).
- Immaculate English communication skill (both written & verbal). German will be an advantage
- A mature person 30 years and older
- Work proactively and independently without any supervision
- Computer literate
- Be able to work flexible hours and in a remote area
- Have an outgoing and positive attitude ( be a people person)
- Have clean and sober habits and with a neat well-groomed appearance
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Have good organisational skills
- Be able to handle conflict with difficult guests in a positive manner
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Former food and beverage service experience and ideally hold a NTA Level 3 Qualification (or equivalent) in Commercial Cookery or Food & Beverage Service
- Ability to work accurate with attention to detail (stock control)
- Have good wine knowledge in accordance with food served
- Must be an outgoing and bubbly person daily towards your guests, must be able to entertain them and make them feel welcome and at home
- Firm, tactful and diplomatic
- Physical fitness and good health is important
- Have high standards and maintain them
- Be an entertainer (to an extent) without being over-bearing
- Be able to do small maintenance work
- Do housekeeping daily according to our set SOP’s
- Control and ordering stock and stock takes
- Knowledge of international cuisine is an advantage
- Be able to work under pressure and long hours (You will be well compensated)
Key Responsibilities include:
- To provide a high standard of service to our international and VIP guests
- Setting up and serving breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Preparing breakfast and lunch (dinner will be done by a full-time Chef)
- Housekeeping of the facility according to our standard housekeeping procedures
- Be able to do small maintenance work on site
- Make sure you have all your guest’s information and requirements before they check in
- Liaise daily between the Laundry, Guides, Chef, F&B Manager and Site manager
- Do daily dockets, and efficient stock control
- Be hands on with the guests regarding requests and requirements
- Know your product and all possible activities extensively
- Maintain your site on a high standard and according to our SOP
- You will also undertake to do other duties required at our other sites when no guests are booked in the Suites
This challenging position requires setting up temporary residence at Wolwedans, and thus applicants need to be nature lovers, and be prepared to work on-site for six continuous weeks at a time. The Suite Attendant is probably the most versatile hospitality position at Wolwedans and requires hard and focused work which will be compensated accordingly. Not to mention very worthwhile and personal encounters with clients from all over the world. This position will help you to broaden your horizon and train your people skills.
The successful applicant will need to commit to “The Wolwedans Way”, our mission, vision and values statement, as well as The Wolwedans Compass of fairness, honesty, positivity and creativity. We offer a competitive package, a diverse job and dynamic working environment.
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria may email their CV, together with a covering letter, and a recent head & shoulders photograph to: email@example.com
Only qualified persons who meet the relevant criteria should apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. References will be checked and a probation period is applicable.
Two positions are available immediately.