We are looking for an Individual with a strong can do attitude (solutions driven). Strong background and experience in the containerized (or shipping) industry. An individual who is strong analytically and who can bring a collaborative and marketing flare to an operational role. Ability to engage with both junior and senior stakeholders internally as well as externally. This position reports to the Country Manager and the incumbent will be a member of the leadership team.
As a Group we recognise that the true wealth of our company lies in the high calibre of our employees. Due to this belief we strive to create an inspiring environment to work in whilst promoting learning through career development programmes. A.P. Möller-Maersk Group is an equal opportunity employer that respects and celebrates the differences and diversity of its people.
1. Customer Focus – Strong collaboration with the local commercial team to provide best in class service to our customers. Keep abreast of market developments and general shipping trends that allow us to make informed decisions that add value to our customers businesses and ours.
2. Equipment Management – Plan, monitor, maintain target stock levels and drive empty container turn time efficiencies. Drive depot performance in making equipment available. Manage resupply and evacuation of stock to meet stock target levels in the most cost efficient manner. Manage cost efficiencies in equipment flow.
3. Intermodal – Manage and drive our intermodal product offering. Promote and grow corridor development and actively engage with local stakeholders as well as origin and destination Maersk Liner Business offices.
4. Stakeholder Management – Maintain and grow external/ internal relations via proactive and clear communication and having a collaborative mind set.
5. Supplier Service Level Agreements – Monitor supplier delivery to commitment, regular reviews of performance and via collaboration / accountability drive continuous improvement
6. Constant Care – Coordinate and execute repacks and inspections with Customers, Surveyors, and Customs.
7. Drive Land side cost improvements.
8. Market intelligence
9. This role may require after hours and weekend standby for landside operational matters.
Who we are looking for
•Can do attitude
•Excellent communication skills
•Strong presentation skills
•Creative Problem Solving mind set (practical)
•Strong Analytical Skills
•Strong negotiation and influencing skills
•Ability to coach and develop others
•Performance mind set
•Ability to perform under pressure
•Good understanding of trucking business and local market as well as experience in over border (land locked countries)
•Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Last application date: 22 March 2017.
For further information, please click here to apply online
As this is a local position, only applicants who have Namibian citizenship or legal working documents to work in Namibia shall be considered.