We have an exciting and challenging HR Consultant position in Human Resources. This role is individually accountable for providing an HR Consulting service to line management and ensures that effective HR Management policies, practices and processes are in place to support the strategic direction of the business. The role reports to the HR Manager.
•A relevant Human Resources Degree or Diploma;
•4-5 years’ experience in a generalist Human Resources position is a prerequisite ,with 1 year managerial experience;
•Excellent communicator with a passion for customer service and relationship building;
•Ability to think strategically and laterally;
•Knowledge on Talent Management design and implementation;
•Computer Literacy and good numeric skills are essential;
•Ability to work under pressure and work independently;
•Excellent interpersonal, planning & organizing skills;
•Excellent communication and presentation skills; and
•Should be willing to travel.
• Providing advice and assistance on all Human Resources processes and practices;
• Being responsible for the recruitment, selection and employment of all employees in conjunction with the Business Unit Heads;
• Contracts with clients on time frame for delivery;
• Establishes and facilitates an employee consultative process and monitors action plans;
• Facilitates the execution of the HR Calendar;
• Assists and supports line with the performance management process and performance contracts;
• Conducts performance management audits to ensure that a fair and consistent process was followed across the business unit.
• Monthly reporting of MIS;
• Supports and assist with growth & retention strategies and manpower planning;
• Monitors, measures and facilitates the culture and transformation journey;
• Supports and executes strategies and action plans for change management, organisational design and development;
• Ensures the appropriate implementation, development and maintenance of Human Resources Policies and Practices;
• Facilitates and drives the development of specific goal alignment, incentive and recognition plans that align to Old Mutual’s strategy;
• Identify HR Risks and Trends and develop appropriate prevention measures;
• Provides advice and facilitates the IR Processes;
• Supporting the HR Manager with relevant Human Resources projects and surveys;
• To perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with Old Mutual Company Policies and procedures.