Wolwedans is looking to appoint a Head Guide, who can effectively manage, motivate, train and coach our extensive guiding team.
The Head Guide is the interface between guides, management and other departments. This is a line management position, with related people responsibilities and accountabilities. In addition to regular guiding department responsibilities, this individual will also assist with Wolwedans Desert Academy – our hospitality training school – by providing input and presentations to trainees on nature related topics.
- 30+ years with a mature disposition, and sober habits
- Possess excellent people, leadership & motivational skills
- An open-minded person, with a pleasant, outgoing personality, that exudes positivity
- Passionate about nature and its creatures
- Fluent in spoken and written English (additional languages an advantage)
- An advanced NATH Badge is an advantage
- 5 years hands-on experience in a related field of which 3 years should be in a management or supervisory position
- Good health, with an energetic disposition
- Fully computer literate
- Valid Public Drivers License (PDP) is essential
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Contactable references
- Namibian citizen or holder of a domicile or permanent residence permit
This position requires setting up temporary residence at Wolwedans, and thus applicants need to be nature lovers, and be prepared to work on-site for six continuous weeks at a time. References will be checked and a probation period is applicable.
The successful applicant will need to commit to “The Wolwedans Way”, our mission, vision and values statement, as well as The Wolwedans Compass of fairness, honesty, positivity and creativity.
We offer a competitive package, a diverse job and dynamic working environment.
Only qualified persons who meet the relevant criteria should apply. If you are interested in this position and meet the requirements, please email your CV (listing current references and a recent head/shoulders photograph) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also hand deliver your CV to our Head Office, No. 36 Bismarck Street, Windhoek.