We are looking for an experienced GUEST RELATIONS MANAGER to join the team at this beautiful, 5 star lodge, situated in the largest conservation area in Africa. The lodge is perfect for adventure-seekers, wildlife enthusiasts, photographers, first-time or repeat travellers, nature lovers, couples and families.
- Meet and greet all guests, say goodbye to all guests, know all guests by name.
- Understand personal guest needs through interaction
- When required to do so, conduct thorough orientation of new guests on arrival and inform the kitchen of any dietary requirements, liaise with guides and butlers with regard to any special requests
- Transmit guest information to other lodges and get information from other lodges before guests arrival
- Cover all daily and weekly requirements of the Lodge Manager when on leave, especially budget control and guest delight activities
- When required to do so, assist with room allocation and planning for future bookings well in advance – read all day sheets thoroughly and plan for any special requests, requirements or occasions
- Be present at all morning meetings, and conduct the meeting in the absence of the Lodge Manager
- When required to do so, plan all tomorrow’s game viewing and transfer activities with the guides/trackers/mechanics, every day
- Ensure that all rooms are checked by Guest Relations – Housekeeping Manager before the guest’s arrival
- When on duty in the early mornings, meet with maintenance team, and oversee all maintenance activities that day.
- When on morning duty, arrive 1 hour before the 1st guest, make sure set up is in order and guests are woken up on time. Guide ready etc.
- Comply with all task/assistance requests from the manager and report back on tasks assigned when requested to do so
- In co-ordination with other management, host guests at all meals
- Manage check-outs and invoices when Lodge Administrator is on leave or needs assistance.
- Prepare and update operational day sheets when required to do so
- Assist with monthly planning – training, guest requirement and staffing levels
- Familiarise yourself and adhere to the Company Policies and Procedures
- Disciplinary procedures – sound knowledge of all policies and procedures and labour relations
- Counselling procedures – correct procedures are followed according to policies and procedures
- To ensure that communication is open and non-defensive
- Ensure that minimum standards as per BOPs are adhered to in all departments
- Promote and Instil an ethic of Guest Care and Guest interaction throughout all departments
- Promote and instil a passion for Going the Extra Mile throughout all departments
- Any other tasks required of you by Management
- Proven supervisory skills with experience in dealing with staff
- Ability to co-ordinate day to day operations
- 3 – 5 years tourism/hospitality experience
- Be honest – act courageously
- Be transparent – open and fair
- Show respect – shift blame culture to fix culture – consider other points of view
- Be consistent
- Be empathetic – listen first – be considerate
Starting Date: ASAP
Salary NAM 12 000, live in
To apply for the Guest Relations Manager | Namibia | Luxury Lodge, send CV with recent photograph and contactable references
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Recruit for Africa is a recruitment agency based in South Africa specialising exclusively in hospitality, retail, chefs and lodge placements. Do not look any further and contact Recruit for Africa to find you the perfect employee or to secure your dream job!