Ref: BI0216 (Windhoek Branch)Overview:Responsible for external sales in a specific area.Minimum Knowledge and Skills:
- Grade 12 / NQF level 4 or the equivalent
- Strong product knowledge in bearings & power transmission
- Must be able to read and understand technical drawings in order to analyse technical problems
- Well developed basic arithmetic and analytical skills in order to draw up quotations, monitor sales targets etc.
- Computer skills to effectively utilise warehouse and stock control software
- Must have at least 1-3 years exp. In a similar role, in a similar environment
- Well groomed, neat and well presented
- Must have exceptional communication skills
- Must be able to think and react on his feet
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss their needs, and to explain how these needs could be met by specific products and services.
- Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, or credit terms.
- Quote prices, or other bid specifications.
- Emphasize product features based on analyses of customers’ needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
- Negotiate prices or terms of sales or service agreements.
- Maintain customer records, on our systems.
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Select the correct products or assist customers in making product selections, based on customers’ needs, product specifications, and applicable regulations.
- Prepare sales contracts for orders obtained, and submit orders for processing.
- Collaborate with colleagues to exchange information, such as selling strategies or marketing information.
- Must ensure sales targets are achieved as specified by branch/regional sales manager.