Employer: Compuscan IT
Compuscan, one of South Africa’s leading credit bureaus, with credit bureau businesses in several developing marketing globally has a vacancy in Namibia for a country manager to lead, manage and grow the business in Namibia.
Compuscan delivers a range of world-class credit bureau solutions to developing markets that empowers our clients to maximize the value of their customer relationships, by providing the following services:
• Credit bureau
• Decision analytics
• Customer engagement and management solutions
• Direct marketing
• Loyalty and rewards
We are seeking a driven, dynamic individual who will effectively live the company’s vision and mission to be the leading provider of credit bureau solutions. The country manager will be based in Windhoek, from where they will work closely with the South African team.
- Bachelor’s Degree or similar
- Fluent in English (spoken, reading and written)
- At least 3 years’ experience in a credit management, banking or similar engagement role. Experience could pertain to an active role in a relevant industry association, consulting engagement to a financial institution, or the supply and support of software products related to the credit granting processes
- A good working knowledge of data and analytics and credit granting processes is advantageous. This knowledge could be gained through an engagement with lenders from banks, micro-finance, retail credit, or similar, and does not require an in-depth understanding of credit scoring or sophisticated credit management systems.
- A key requirement that will largely determine the candidate’s ability to successfully perform the role lies in his/her existing relationships or knowledge of the banking, micro-finance, telecommunications, utilities and retail sectors. If the above requirement is not met, we are seeking someone with the capability to quickly form such relationships based on his/her seniority and/or standing in their current industry.
Key Performance Areas:
- To grow and manage the Compuscan Credit Bureau in Namibia.
- To promote Compuscan as a leading business and sell and support relevant products and services to identified market sectors
- To develop and implement strategic sales plans, directing sales forecasting activities and setting performance goals accordingly
- To review market analyses to determine client needs, price schedules, and ability to bundle products and solutions in a way that adds value to clients
- To develop and implement policies and procedures to manage the business
- To recruit, manage and lead employees
- To regularly report and liaise with management team at Compuscan Headquarters in Stellenbosch
- Drive and energy: The role requires the country manager to start an office, introduce new technologies and establish credibility in identified market verticals – leading to sales. This requires considerable drive and energy. By its very nature, the position would also require travelling across the country to effectively promote and support Compuscan products and services.
- Initiative and responsibility: The ability to take initiative, to action goals and accept responsibility for the results.
- Influence: The ability to make an impact, to convince and persuade individuals and to promote plans and ideas successfully.
- Technical capability: The understanding of the relevance of credit data in identifying credit risk and the use of data analytics.
Position available immediately
Please submit your CV, including your salary expectation with your application to email@example.com
Please note: If no response is received within 14 days, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.