Bidvest Namibia Group is an equal opportunity employer, listed on the Namibian Stock Exchange which has a diverse portfolio of well-organized brands in logistics, freight, food, industrial/ commercial product and fish industry. The group is looking for 2 Buyers to join T&C Demand and Supply department.
- Buyers purchase a broad range of finished goods and products either for wholesale or retail. Buyers should coordinate assessments of sales trends with sales teams and have an understanding of customer needs to identify what products should be ordered at what quantities and from which supplier to best suit the company needs to ensure maximum profitability of the company.
Common duties performed by Buyers include:
- Track trends in consumer consumption to determine which products should be procured
- Evaluate prior sales to establish future fulfillment needs
- Research suppliers and negotiate contracts for product fulfillment processing
- Coordinate logistics and permit requirements for the expedition of goods
- Process and place official system suppliers orders and ensure inventory is properly distributed in time
- Process the re-order report on a daily basis for stock holding and re-order purposes and place orders for relevant stock requirements with supplier’s daily/weekly/monthly.
- Communicate/advise sales team of confirmed stock orders and ETA’s
- Confirm item prices with supplier and revert any variations to the Supply Chain Manager
- Inform the SCM of any changes to product details (description, configurations)
- Identify outstanding transfer and purchase reports on a daily/weekly basis in order to cancel outstanding transfers and purchase orders on the system for stock accuracy.
- Evaluate supplier performance and report results to Supply chain Manager/National Manager.
- Liaise stock transfers to branches via the system on a weekly basis to ensure that transfers are ready for processing by the warehouse department to be distributed in line with the weekly delivery schedules.
- Liaise return logistics of goods to be returned to the DC.
- Assist management with tasks as required from time to time
- Grade 12
- Namibian Citizenship
- Fluency in both English and Afrikaans
- 3 years ‘ experience in high value procurement environment
- A formal qualification in Procurement and/or FMCG field will be an advantage.
- Fully computer literate, especially on MS office package