Wolwedans – which is situated in the heart of NamibRand Nature Reserve some 400km south-west of Windhoek – seeks to expand its current guest facilities (both extensions and renovations of existing infrastructure, as well as new projects). In addition, we plan to build a vocational training center. For this we need bricks. Hundreds of thousands of bricks! And these bricks are to be made on site at Wolwedans.
The job entails collection of river sand, mixing sand with concrete and then putting it in brick making mould. Once bricks are dry (takes 48 hours), they need to be packed in lots of 1000. On occasion you will be required to lend a hand at other projects in which case you are paid on a fixed day rate.
- Hungry to have employment, no matter what it takes
- Happy with hard physical work and hence be healthy, fit and strong
- Former experience in building work is an advantage but not a must
- Good communication skills, integrity and good team player (as you work in a team of three men)
- Fluency in English is a must (speak, read, write)
- Pleasant, charming and outgoing personality
- Care for nature and respect for its creatures
- Willingness to pursue further learning (who knows, maybe you will advance from brick-maker to bricklayer to developer… with passion and drive (hard work), opportunity beckons everywhere
- A neat appearance and sober habits (clean track record, esp. with regards to alcohol and drug abuse/challenges)
- Contactable references
This positions requires setting up temporary residence at Wolwedans, thus applicants need to enjoy the desert flora and fauna of the NamibRand Nature Reserve, and be prepared to work on-site for six continuous weeks at a time.
Note that this is a “fixed term contract position” and not a full-time employment. If your work is good and you show opportunity for growth, you might well end up landing yourself a full-time job. So if you have what it takes, see this as an opportunity to ‘ get in’.
Whist at Wolwedans, you will enjoy free board and lodging. Your remuneration is performance based, unless you are requested to help out with other projects in which case you will receive a fixed daily rate. You will be paid a fixed amount per brick made. So, the more you make (meaning the harder you work), the more you get at the end of the day (or month rather).
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria may deliver their CV, together with a covering letter, and a recent head & shoulders photograph to No 36 Bismarck Street. If you have access to internet, please mail your application to email@example.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Three positions are available immediately.